If you’re still using the same creamy, medium-coverage foundation you swore by all winter, it’s time to lighten up. Fortunately, the newest wave of beauty balms —more commonly known as BB creams—pack a checklist of benefits into a single tube while remaining virtually invisible on the skin for straight-from-the-beach or ski slopes touch-ups.
What is BB Cream?
If you’ve been wondering, BB stands for blemish balm or beauty balm. And here’s why you should befriend this oh-so-cool product this summer.
BB creams are perfect for all seasons, but especially summer, because they do everything. Think: moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, concealer, and foundation.
That’s five products in one. Surely, multitasking BBs deserve to be a stalwart in your make-up bag.
BB cream is a mix of skin care and makeup that helps keep your skin moisturized AND gives you the effect of a light foundation. Its texture is similar to that of any regular moisturizer, but you can get it in a skin tone that best suits you.
7 Reasons to Love BB Creams
1. BB creams help hydrate your skin.
– Some powders and foundations can actually suck out the moisture from our skin, BB creams help put moisture in, resulting in softer skin and a more comfortable wear.
2. They have a comfortable, lightweight feel.
– Do you sometimes hate how your foundation feels so “heavy,” particularly in warmer months? BB creams are lighter than foundations, so they are barely noticeable on skin.
3. Their application doesn’t have to be extremely precise.
– Because BB creams have a lighter finish, they don’t need to be applied as precisely as foundations. You can even apply it by simply dabbing it on using your fingers.
4. BB creams help control oil.
– BB creams help soak up excess oil so your skin doesn’t get greasy. There will be no more need for blotting sheets.
5. They serve as a primer.
– You might not need that usual makeup primer when you’re using BB cream because the formulas also help the skin as well as blur and even it out.
6. The finish is more natural.
– Unlike foundations, BB creams are light and blend properly into your skin tone, giving you a smooth but natural finish. They are also less greasy and do not look cakey.
7. They contain sun protection.
– Unless you’ll be out in the sun for a long time, there’s no need to put sunscreen in the morning if you wear BB cream!
There’s no denying that BB creams have become all the rage over the past years, and for the reasons stated above, I completely understand why! They are a fabulous way to give you light-medium coverage while helping with skin care concerns.
However, not all BB creams are created equal (or to suit everyone). Which means it’s incredibly important for you to find the one that’s right for you.
Youth Activating BB Creams Review:
The best multitasking formulas contain a range of beneficial, naturally-derived ingredients to help improve your skin’s health. That’s why many people are swooning over Shaklee’s Youth Activating BB Cream. This multitasking 5-in-1 Beauty Balm is designed to do it all to help you get flawless, glowing skin. It evens, corrects, hydrates, nourishes, and protects skin. It also provides antioxidant nutrients and essential vitamins to protect against skin-damaging free radicals and environmental pollutants. And, like each product in the YOUTH skin care collection, it is specifically formulated to address the multiple effects of aging.
The Youth Activating BB Cream is formulated with muscadine grape polyphenols to protect against damaging free radicals, plus vitamins C, E, and B5 to nourish. It has green algae that helps improve firmness while an ocean-derived polymer creates a pollution-protection shield. It also has naturally derived zinc that provides chemical-free SPF 30 Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection.
To provide coverage for every skin tone, the Youth Activating BB Cream comes in 4 blendable shades. What I like about that is if you’re not a perfect match to one of the four shades, you can combine two or more shades to create your own custom color. You just have to apply one layer for a natural look or multiple layers for a more complete coverage.
Here’s a recap of why many people love using the YOUTH® Activating BB Cream:
- It has SPF 30
– It has naturally derived, chemical-free SPF 30 broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection, which is perfect for looking great all summer long and staying safe in the sun.
- The shades are easily blendable
– You can simply mix and match to create the perfect shade for your skin tone.
– It is not just a beauty balm. It is also a moisturizer, highlighter, concealer, and bronzer.
– Use a shade or two lighter than your skin tone to highlight and conceal. A shade or two darker to contour. The seamless look that it creates is amazing. Get all four shades, and you’ll be set!
- 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free
For customer reviews of Youth Activating BB Creams and to order online CLICK HERE
For information on the new Youth Lash Revitalizing and Conditioning Mascara CLICK HERE.