Why Do a Healthy Cleanse and Detox?
In the modern world, toxins are all around us and many have adopted an unhealthy lifestyle.
One of the reasons for living an unhealthy lifestyle is having a hectic routine where most of our time is being spent at work. This leads to buying fast food to save time, having no decent sleep, and not having enough time for any physical activities.
In other words, this is a routine where health is the least priority.
Another probable reason is giving in to what our body wants without realizing the consequences. Many of us are guilty of being addicted to foods that are too tasty, too oily, or too sweet although we know that these are not good for the health.
Another thing that contributes to a poor health condition is the environment which involves water and air pollution, and it can also be the nature of work you do. These kinds of lifestyle may deteriorate your health and will eventually affect your mood, relationships, and even performance at work.
Fortunately, there are ways to clear our body of toxins we are exposed to every day.
What are toxins?
Toxins refer to all the pollutants, artificial food ingredients, metals, chemicals, pesticides, and poisons that harm our body.
We are in constant contact with harmful organisms and pollutants. They’re in the air we breathe, in our food, and in our water, and it’s very difficult to get away from them. Over the years, the source of many health issues are the toxins that have built up in our bodies.
Fortunately, there are ways to counteract some toxins and pollutants. Your body’s natural detoxification processes exist to deal with the ones we can’t avoid. You can help your body perform these processes with a healthy cleanse and detox.
First, let’s understand the natural ability we have to cleanse ourselves.
Our excretory systems play the largest role in our bodies ability detoxify because they remove waste products from the body.
Main organs that compose the excretory system and their cleansing functions:
- Skin – helps in elimination of toxins through the sweat glands. The purpose of sweat is to regulate temperature, but it’s a multifunctional system. When sweat passes through the sweat glands, it takes the toxins with it.
- Lungs – help remove the waste gas we acquire from breathing called carbon dioxide.
- Kidneys – filter the blood and help flush waste from the body through urination.
- Liver – filter an excrete wastes, drugs, and other foreign substances.Large intestines
- Large intestines – absorb water and remaining nutrients from food. It also converts waste into stool to be expelled from the body through defecation.
- Brain – flushes toxic molecules while you sleep.
Our body is detoxifying itself all the time, around the clock 24/7 so it’s essential to take care of our organs and allow them to do their job.
Healthy Cleanse and Detox: 6 Ways to Cleanse Your Body:
Watch your diet
Detoxifying your body is not only about what you avoid, but also about what you eat. You can go a long way by following a healthy diet. Some foods that aid detoxification are:
- Garlic – Although garlic does not directly flush the toxins out of the body, it does contribute to detoxification as it helps increase the production of glutathione, which is an agent that filters toxins that are coming from the digestive system and helps as well in the detoxification and purification of the liver.
- Lemon – Drinking lemon has lots of benefits which is why it is not a surprise that lemon with warm or room temperature water is one of the most popular ways to detoxify. Not only does it help in losing weight, but it also helps in the body’s proper digestion which leads to eliminating symptoms such as heartburn. Drinking lemon water also helps in lowering the cholesterol and sugar level in the body and it also curbs the appetite by having the body feel full and satisfied. Lemon also helps in the cleansing of the body and the cleansing of the liver.
- Broccoli sprouts
– A study published online in the journal Cancer Prevention Research suggests that broccoli sprouts may help detox toxic pollutants. Broccoli sprouts contain a compound called glucoraphanin that can help protect you from air-pollution hazards.
Glucoraphanin works to elevate enzyme levels in the liver and other tissues that increase the detoxification rate for environmental pollutants that we inhale or ingest. This leads to faster excretion of these toxins, reducing the likelihood that they will cause harm.
- Mung beans
– The proteins, tannins, and flavonoids in mung beans are also considered effective for binding to and clearing pesticides and heavy metals like mercury and lead from the body.
Drink plenty of water
Your body’s most basic functions require water. The body needs water to produce saliva, help perspiration and remove waste. The more fresh, pure water you put into your body, the more toxins can be dissolved and cleared away. Remember, water is the solvent of solvents. Nothing is more cleansing, purifying, healing, than fresh clean water.
Purify the air you breathe
Another way to reduce your exposure to toxins is by breathing clean air. While you can’t control the whole environment, you can control the air in your home. Pet dander, mold, smoke, fumes, mildew, and microorganisms can make the air in your home more toxic than the air outside. Invest in a high-quality air purification device to keep your air fresh and toxin-free. However, if this is out of your budget, get a few house plants instead; they’re nature’s air fresheners and they help filter the air and remove toxins.
Opt for the right foods
Lightening its load and decreasing the toxins you put in your body is one of best things you can do to support your body’s detoxification process. Choose organic vegetables and fruits over fast food and other processed foods.GMO products and pesticide-contaminated foods add harmful toxins to your diet. Avoid them like a plague.
Exercise and Meditation
Exercising helps you sweat, and sweating helps release toxin through your skin. Studies have traced amounts of cadmium, mercury, arsenic, and lead in sweat. Meditation helps you clear your mind and reduce stress. Stress can be as toxic to your health as chemicals. A troubled mind can cause the physical body to function poorly.
Complete Healthy Cleanse and Detox
A complete healthy cleanse and detox is a step-by-step process that focuses on each organ involved in ridding the body of toxins. The program should focus on removing harmful organisms, chemicals, and toxic metals while cleansing your colon, liver, and kidneys.
Cleansing is a long and committed process but can be especially rewarding. For a good healthy cleanse and detox, we recommend Shaklee Healthy Cleanse. It’s a 7-day cleanse program that will help you eliminate toxin accumulation, increase your focus and energy and improve sleep quality. And it’s great to kick off a weight loss program. A study of participants on the 7-Day Shaklee Health Cleanse program showed an average weight loss of 6.8 pounds and 1.62 inches!
If you want to combine a 7-day healthy cleanse and detox before going on a weight loss program we recommend the Shaklee’s Healthy Cleanse and Weight Pack. It has the same Healthy Cleanse kit with a supporting diet plan for those who want to lose the right amount of weight after cleansing.
If you have any questions about the Healthy Cleanse or Weight Loss programs schedule a free consultation with us at your earliest convenience.